- About Us
- Your Challenges
- Success Stories
The Challenge: Western Choices Flooring
Western Choices Flooring is a business based in Hoppers Crossing that buys, stocks and sells carpet and floor coverings. Their standard accounting software did not keep track of a lot of the detail relevant to their industry.
It was crucially important for the business to keep a tight lid on stock, with products such as carpets being bought by the roll and sold by the metre, and one product batch (called a dye lot) being slightly different to the next. They also had the task of assigning contractors such as carpet layers to install products at the buyers premises.
They needed an integrated software system that would assist them to improve stock control, create efficiencies and improve customer service.
GoalMaker Software Solutions set out to design a system that would manage products, purchasing, sales invoicing, debtors, inquiries, reports, system administration and that includes specific features to address their industry-specific needs.
Elegant User Interface
We created a custom software solution that integrated their existing systems, and gave Western Choices:
- An elegant, easy to navigate user interface
- The ability to efficiently enter new data and administer the system
Minimised Stock Levels and Losses
We integrated a detailed stock control system that enabled Western Choices to:
- Accurately track stock levels by product, colour and part rolls by dye lot
- Keep track of quantity, location, and status of inventory flowing in and out of one or multiple locations
- Locate products by descriptors such as colour or product number
- Track stock from the production process all the way through to distribution and sale
Improved Customer Service
With enhanced sales and customer tracking system, Western Choices has improved customer service . The new system gives them the ability to easily and efficiently:
- Manage supplier and customer information
- Process sales, payments and part payments
Swift and Accurate Purchasing System
The new system includes:
- Automatic allocation of orders by rolls, dye lot, layers and dates
- Detailed management of sales contracts including products, colours and quantities required
Improved Financial Management
Accounting is no longer a headache with the ability to now:
- Produce purchase orders that advise on items required from suppliers
- Easily maintain debtor and creditor information
As a result, Western Choices Flooring are experiencing better results all round, and are equipped to tackle the challenges of the future.
Do You Need a More Sophisticated System?
Designed for any business that buys, stocks and sells products. Our complete stock control solutions will improve your customer service, reduce inventory costs and eliminate paperwork. Our stock control systems are both fast and complete solutions which will control and manage inventory in real-time.